What is recovery like after you've had a hysterectomy, I mean all of it, ovaries included.

cloey32

Asked by cloey32 at 9:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Health

• I had to have a hysterectomy years ago and fought very hard against the surgery. I was so against it, that my physician came to my room just hours before and told me with my frame of mind, healing would be much harder. He also explained he would help me in any way, as the surgery was medically necessary to improve my health. I needed extra sedatives for anxiety before and after. Witihin 48 hours of having the surgery, I could tell a vast improvement. Every day got better and better. I now encourage my daughters who have the same health issues to have the surgery the minute they are through "using their reproductive" parts.

I went back to work full time 6 days after my surgery. It was a little too early, but I got well and recovered quickly. Good luck and try to be more open minded than I was.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• To anonymous answer to my question: Thank you so much for the info you have shared. I have been closed minded to surgery. I am scared to death. You have encoraged me with what you have shared. I am afraid of menopause. Is it horrible? How long dos it last?
    cloey32

Answer by cloey32 at 10:26 AM on Mar. 20, 2009