I saw this and had to ask...

I saw this question/comment in another question and it made sense.
How can someone who does not believe in God who they cannot see.
Turn around and believe in ghosts?(Trolls not welcome here)*No negative answers please*

Alize26

Asked by Alize26 at 9:06 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• op- (sorry didn't read the other replies, there are too many right now, lol)
    Yes an atheist can believe in Ghosts.. but not in the sence of a soul.. there are a lot of different theories about what a Ghost is.. it could be energy left behind (not talking about a soul, but actual particles of them that are left behind, which in a way can act like a recorder), it could be a different demention that we occationally glipse, it could be hallucinations (caused by high EMF's in the home, mold, chemicals, carbon monoxide poisioning, etc), they could be spirits. etc..

Since there is so much we don't know about them, and how they came to be, etc.. anyone can believe in them.. as I said, I'm an atheist, but believe in the Paranormal (ghosts).. however I believe scientifically their are explainations for them.. be it hallucinations caused by certain things, or energy left behind..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:08 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• LOL I have never thought about that.

But I do absolutely believe in God. Not so sure about the ghost thing, but I do believe we dont understand or know all there is. So who knows?
    Anonymous

• Could it be that ghost can be seen at times as well as object moving and recordable voices as well?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Sorry about the bad grammar.
    pnwmom

• pnwmom: That can be VERY debated. Most things like sightings or recorded things have a simple logical reason or solution. no one that I know of has ever proven ghosts beyond a shadow of a doubt.
    Anonymous

• Well people ask me all the time how can I believe in something i don't see.
    The same question could be used in this situation.
    Unless people see things...which would question their sanity.
    Alize26

Answer by Alize26 at 9:13 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• You got a point and the same could be said for when people say they hear God. Some would question their sanity, as well as people who see ghost.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• It is a good question that could be asked to the haunted realm on here just in case you don't find the answers you are searching for don't help you.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Well, noone has ever seen God... But many people have seen ghosts. Just because there is no scientific "proof", and even then it just depends on who you talk to, doesn't mean there isn't proof. I have seen spirits, to me there is TONS of proof. But then I can't understand how someone couldn't believe in the gods either...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:17 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I write ghosts off like Santa clause and the Easter bunny.
    Alize26

Answer by Alize26 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 15, 2009