For the millionaire, billionaire mommies....were you born into it or did you earn it?

I believe in my heart, I'm meant to be wealthy, not only in spirit, but monetarily. It's difficult finding honest people who have a passion to mentor people, looking to work towards success. I want to be successful, in every way, shape and form. Not everyone has the funds to dive right into something they love and have a passion for.

To achieve your financial status, did you have a mentor take you under his/her wing?

What advice would you give someone who is sincere about achieving true success, the right way, with hard work and consistent effort?

Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• The key to success is risk. I didn't get where I am today by playing it safe, but having said that there is a right way to risk and there is a wrong way. Research, education and due diligence will almost always lead you to the right risk, jumping in blindly and putting faith in other people will usually end up seeing you in the failure line. The saying, "do what you love and the money comes naturally" has been what I have applied in my life, both professionally and personally and it seems to be a formula that works for me. I am not saying I have not had failures along the way, you have to have them in order to learn and grow, but I manage to keep those failures to a minimum and apply the lessons learned to future endeavors. Positive thinking and confidence are also keys, when you make a decision or take a risk, don't sit back and wring your hands worried about the consequences accept it and go forward!! Good luck to you
    wyldreams

Answer by wyldreams at 9:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• while i'm not rich i think i could be. just marry the richest old guy you can think of have him change his will so you get every thing and then just knock him off. easy right?

3rdtymsthecharm

Answer by 3rdtymsthecharm at 10:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• No mentor just did the work and did a lot of crap jobs initially. We waited to have kids so we could work the hours necessary to achive what we wanted to. Now we can enjoy our family in luxury. We did it on our own with no help and no mentor. If you have a drive to succeed you will.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• We've earned it by lots of hard work and smart investments!

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:25 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My husband will inherit a fortune. We are fairly well off anyway because my husband and I have worked hard, gotten educations, etc. I stay home now...but my husband still works. I came from humble beginnings, so I can say, i married into money. But my husband does work very hard, even if he didn't have a trust fund (which we just use to play in the stock market with), even if his parents weren't wealthy, we'd still be doing fine. As long as you have the will, you can do anything, this is America. Another example...my SIL has no drive but to sit and use my FIL's money to support herself and 3 kids. She's not married, but she has no bills and lives in her own house (that daddy pays for). She has no drive, no will to do anything (yes I blame my inlaws for this). Without my FIL, she'd have nothing. My husband has a drive to succeed. You just have to want it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I agree with the previous posters! I think the drive to be financially successful comes from within! You have to be motivated to seek an education that will result in a profession that yields a high income; you have to have an entrepreneurial spirit--to think up, refine, patent, and market your ideas; and/or you have to understand how to invest a little reserve money in order to make money!

Never be afraid to realize your dreams--but do so wisely!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:10 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Anon 7:58 I agree with you 100%, my husband has lots of drive and ambition, he has never been one to just set around, which has gotten us where we are. I have finished my college education which has also helped! I have a SIL also who has no drive and it shows.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:36 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Im not rich yet! hehe
    helpmehelpu12

Answer by helpmehelpu12 at 12:25 AM on Mar. 18, 2009