I don't think he likes me :-(

My 7 month old seems to have no interest in me. He smiles when he sees me but thats about it. He won't let me hold him unless I'm carrying somewhere and he would much rather be left to play on the floor alone than have me try to sit and play with him. He doesn't even really ever cry or reach out for me. I know he's still very young, but is this just a stage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That's silly mama, of course he likes you!! He is just gaining some independence!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• My oldest was the same, yet my younger liked me to hold him. It is probaby just his personality. Get your cuddles when you can, they are still important to him.

Answer by Bmat at 9:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• hon.. my son is an independent player.. granted there are times he will play with me, but trust me, when he needs you, you'll know it... read my post first journal post.. or the newest one.. my sons high chair toppled over onto him, and OMG, i felt so terrible, and he reached out for me.. he finished crying before i did.. my mom and MIL all warned me about the first accident your baby has.. no matter how much you watch them, or how far away you put them from something... they will get into mischief... so someday, your baby will reach up for you... either for a kind word, or a hug, something, and then you'll know, and see, that baby sure loves his mama...!!! hugs..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 9:55 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• My son was just like your son and independent. He didn't want to be picked up, he wanted to see the world around him and I thought that he might like other people more than me. With my daughter she hates every one but me. She trust me so much that if one of my freinds ask to hold her and I pass her over she starts screaming bloody murder. Every baby is different, if all of them were the same then no one would want more than one.
    JenFunSniffer

Answer by JenFunSniffer at 11:31 PM on Mar. 15, 2009