Have you ever been to an urgent care dentist? If u have been to one what was it like? Was it moreexpensive then a nomal dentist?

I just seen a commercial for an urgent care dental office. I haven't been to the dentist in a long time.....no insurance so I need some dental care.Was just wondering if anyone had ever been to one of these offices. I was also wondering how much I should expect to spend

jerormeysgurl

Asked by jerormeysgurl at 9:18 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Health

• I worked in an Urgent care dental office last summer. It is like any other urgent care..you get what you get. I'm a dental Asst. so I've worked with very good doctors and I've worked with hacks. Urgent care doc are usually just out of school which doesn't make them bad, just not as seasoned. U Doc also are not owners in the practice so the patients loyalty to them may not be what you would find at a private Doc. A lot of U Docs are foreign too so language sometimes is an issue......
    ceciandrew

Answer by ceciandrew at 2:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• The biggest problem I had working there is the staff was very over worked. There was a lot expected out of the asst. When staff are over worked they tend to not use good team work. That in its self leads to poor patient flow. We had patients waiting up to six hours before and the staff cared less.
    I hope this helps, if you have any other questions please flee free to im me.
    UC's are just that, they take care of the immediate problem, I hope you get ins soon so you can find a good private DDS. Good Luck!!
    ceciandrew

Answer by ceciandrew at 2:53 PM on Mar. 20, 2009