I live in Kentucky. I don't have any health insurance. I'm wondering about a medical card. Currently, I am not pregnant, but, I would like to try to conceive. My question is, who exactly is eligible for the medical card. What are the requirements or restrictions - income levels?

I need maternity health coverage.

AmyNicole1980

Asked by AmyNicole1980 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• You would have to check with your state....
    http://kentucky.gov/residents/Pages/socialservices.aspx
    Maybe this will help...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 10:21 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• GO TO ASHYBABY87 HERE ON CAFEMOM, SHE HAS A MATERNITY INSURANCE. HOPE THAT HELPS.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 12:15 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I would hope there is a husband involved because a child needs both parents.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• If you cannot afford insurance why not put off having a baby until you can? That is what we did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Uhhh...you can not afford insurance, but you want to have a baby?? I mean....REALLY?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Sorry but have to agree. You want a baby you can't afford so you want Medical card. In other words you want someone else to pay out of their pocket so you can have a baby. And the next step is WIC, medical card for said baby, subsidised housing, food stamps, etc. Nope sorry. Wait until you can afford to have a baby. Don't make the rest of the world pay for the baby you want.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't be so quick to judge. Maybe she doesn't have health insurance due to a previous condition and the companies are refusing to insure her or will only insure her for a ridiculous amount of money. The health insurance industry is out of control, IMO. If that is the case, I hope you get the help you need and have a healthy baby. However, if you don't have health insurance because you can't afford it and there is no reason for it to be expensive (you've been healthy all your life) then I have to agree that maybe you should wait until you are better prepared. Health care is just the beginning of the expenses that a child brings.

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:21 AM on Mar. 17, 2009