21 1.2 weeks preg...pain in lower right side

I am about 21 and a half weeks...this morning when I woke up, I noticed immediately kind of a pain on my lower right side, maybe where my ovary is? I'm not too sure...It's okay if I'm kinda just laying down on my left side, but the ache gets stronger when I go to get up out of bed, or when I walk...
I'm sure this is a normal pain experienced with uterus stretching and stuff but it's so weird that out of nowhere today it started and hurts pretty bad.
If it were a cyst, what would it feel like?
thanks ladies

LittleMonster22

Asked by LittleMonster22 at 9:23 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Does it run down the side of your belly, and is this your first baby? If it is I would say it is round ligament (sp?) pain, a major ligament on the right side that has to stretch to support your uterus. I don't know why it is mostly on your right side but you never hear anyone complain about it on the left, and I am on baby #4 and have only ever had it on the right. Just take it easy, as your belly gets bigger it may help to put a pillow under your belly when you lay down. If you stretch it really far it will be sore for a while but should ease up soon.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 9:31 PM on Mar. 15, 2009