Do you have 1 kid and want to keep it that way?

I do. I'm 21. Married 4 years and have 1 son. Everyone always ask when we're having our next one or if we want a girl next. I don't. I am happy with one and I want my hubby to get a vasectomy. I want to be young when my son moves out so that me and hubby can retire to the lake.

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 9:30 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do. My Husband and I have been Married 3+ years, have a Son who is almost 2, and I am 22. We are quite content with Our perfect little Family. =D
    irishstarz

Answer by irishstarz at 12:54 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• i want to keep it that way for like 12 years lol.... i want a girl eventually
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:33 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I have one. I'm 19 and me and my hubby want about 4 more children! :)
    mama.love.

Answer by mama.love. at 9:34 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I'm not sure I want for than 1. I'm 21 too and I'm definitely good with just 1 for now. Maybe in 8 years or so I'll think about having another. I wouldn't mind having just 1 except I'm an only child myself and I hated it as a kid. Then there's the fact that my son is only ever going to have 1 cousin and she lives pretty far away so I would like him to have some family his age. But for now, it's just him!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:34 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I have a SS. We have full custody. He is MORE than enough. We don't need or want another one.
    Anonymous

• We had to go through so much to get the one we have, took over 2 years to get pregnant. He has turned out soooo beautiful and healthy, I would feel like we were tempting fate to ask for another blessing.
    Anonymous

• I was 20 when I had my first daughter and I didn't want anymore. I was on birth control and I would make hubby where a condom- I was so scared of getting pregnant. I wanted to get my tubes tied, but the doctors said I was too young and had to wait till I was 25. Well, one night hubby didn't wear a condom (I was still on the pill) and I got pregnant. I know this is going to sound horrible...but I was so upset- I cried for months because I didn't want another child. Now I can't imagine my life without her. I still feel terrible for the way I felt. I'm not saying you'll change your mind about the way you feel...I just wanted to share my story.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 9:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• When I had my first child it was wonderful....just her and I (I was a single parent). I never dreamed of another until I married the love of my life and we wanted a child together. When our daughter was born, she and my first had a special bond and the love they share as sisters is so special.
    I suppose decisions about how many children you wish to have depends upon your life and your life circumstances.
    Bless you.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:04 AM on Mar. 16, 2009