how can i get my 11 month old to start eating baby food??

my 11 month old wont eat anything.. when i try to feed him baby food he starts hitting with his hands and only drinks formula?? i need help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well feeding him baby food right now isnt a necessity really.does he eat the rice cereal?if so you can sneak in fruits and veggies in the cereal. but dont stress too much over this.hes telling you he isnt ready yet.mine mainly ate breastmilk at that age.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 10:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• are you just introducing baby food? Or has your LO been on it for awhile? Both my kids were off of baby food at that age. They just refused to eat it anymore. They were on tablefood.
    allisonsmommy

Answer by allisonsmommy at 10:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Maybe he wants table food such as diced up fruits and veggies, breads, pastas, chunks of soft meats. At 11 months old most babies are eating these types of things. My daughter is 7 months and is starting to want what we're eating. I give her pieces of bread and soft fruits and veggies.
    Anonymous

• Mine ate baby food from 4 to 6 months, then refused. I homemade baby food till he was 10 months, then he went to table foods like ours but without the spices or grease. I say try other things until you fiond something he likes.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:04 AM on Mar. 16, 2009