do you think i was rude?

we have had ungoing problems with our downstairs neghbors and they yell at me when i try to talk to them so i wrote this note and she came up and yelled at me.. do you think i was rude?

I am writing this to voice some concerns that our family has had. Each time I verbally address these concerns it leads to an argument or to you just blowing me off so I am expressing it in writing. First of all since the laundry agreement is not being met and laundry is just being done at random times, we are no longer going to keep our end of the bargain. We tried to uphold to our times and you were not so I feel that it is only fair to go back to the way it was. If you are not going to respect the times we have set then we will just do our laundry whenever we feel like it as well. I would also appreciate it if you did not throw my childs laundry on the floor and in the garbage can. This is very disrespectful. (cont)

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 10:21 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Also it is stated in the lease that each tenant is responsible for half of the yard work this includes picking up your dogs waste and your cigarette butts from the yard. Since we have moved in you have only mowed the grass a few times and and did not help rake leaves during the fall nor did you shovel or help with ice removal during the winter. Mowing the yard 2 times in the course of 7 months DOES NOT CONSTITUTE HALF THE YARD WORK! We also have found numerous piles of dog waste ad cigarette butts sitting in the yard. Moving your dog to the front of the yard does not solve this problem because now the dog waste is just piling up in the front of the building. It needs to be REMOVED! If we do not see some improvement with in 30 days i will be contacting Darlene about this matter. This includes removing your butts that you flick out the window and the dog waste as well as upholding to your half of the yard work. If necessa
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 10:22 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Personally, I wouldn't wait 30 days to contact the landlord, I would contact them as soon as possible. It seems like this is ongoing so no matter how you tell them (either verbally or written), I don't think they will take the hint unless the landlord gets involved. Good Luck!
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• thats not rude what you said was to the point and there not keeping up with there part dont let these people run over you because thats what there doing! get there lazy asses out asap because if there not doing there part then they dont need to be there! goodluck
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 10:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I think you've tried enough....contact Darlene ASAP.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 10:30 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I think you should just contact your landlord now. Why are you waiting? For them to get ammo on you? And no your not rude.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I agree, take action now.

Answer by Bmat at 10:38 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Yea I agree. Go get your landlord, and deal with it now.
    They're not going to do anything about it now.
    And no you weren't rude, I myself would've been rude and sarcastic lol
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 10:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Waiting 30 days will only get a backlash from the neighbor; contact the landlord now.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I agree contact the landlord ASAP they will probably give u more grief now The hell with them look out for u and yours good luck
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 11:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• You were kind. I'd stick to my word of 30 days and then copy the letter, send it to Darlene and follow up with a call explaining that they are a nightmare. Sounds awful. People are trolls, I'm sorry.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:49 PM on Mar. 15, 2009