I want to change my eating habits and wondering if anyone has tried this and has suggestions.

I am thinking of doing a mainly veggie and fruit diet for 2-3 months to get to my ideal weight then slowly bring back meat and other foods back in.

So my questions does anyone have a low cal dip or dressing to add to the veggies to make the taste better. Also if I just eat just peanut butter/eggs will I have problems adding meat back to my diet? I heard cutting meat out can cause problems when you add it back in but I can't remember if it was the protein or meat itself.

partiesbyjan

Asked by partiesbyjan at 10:33 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• omg u'd pretty much starve yourself with the diet above, lol.

Anywho - Your body needs some sort of protein in its diet. The best way to change your eating habits is to follow the whole food pyramid thing. You know, what we learned in school. But i'm just about to start something new, too. Fiber for breakfast, lots of protein, light healthy snacks. Eat about 6 times a day, but not large portions. Grilled chicken and fish are good, eggs, string cheese, light yogurt, carrots and celery. Fresh fruits and veggies.

GL
    KeikoRose

Answer by KeikoRose at 11:18 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Before you do anything you should consider talking with your doctor, here is what worked for me: After delivery, I wanted to clear the TOXINS out of my body, so I went on a 7-day cleanse fiber packets and capsules (7Day cleanse @ Target. while doing that my diet consist of Raisan Bran for breakfast- Tuna on wheat or Rye bread (no mayo), and salmon and raw veggies for dinner. All I drank was water and green tea. I responded so well to this, I do it monthly! My stomach area does not bulge out and I have 3 children! I do not do sit-ups either so I know this is what worked for me. If I wanted a snack, I ate wheat thins and lite cream cheese. If I had a sweet tooth, I ate ripe stawberries, or bluberries. After about a week, my clothes begin to fit sooo much better! I also ate spinach leaves on a chicken breast w/ cherry tomatoes. Pretty soon you won't even miss the "meat" Good luck to you!
    calatres

Answer by calatres at 12:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Calatres,
    Do you have any suggestions for substituting the fish? I do not eat fish/seafood at all but do eat a lot of chicken.
    missamerica1

Answer by missamerica1 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Check out Dr. Joel Furhman, Dr. Dean Ornish, or Dr. McDougall if you are interested in a very good lifestyle consisting of a lot of fruits and veggies. Also the YOU books are good--by Dr. Oz. Also check out greensmoothiegirl.com.
    Anonymous

• you really need to check out this website it's www.theloseweightdiet.com they will explain why you need protein in your diet every day. it is so not healthy to cut out protein. I have been on this diet for 2 weeks now and have lost 4lbs! it's just a typical diet plan but he knows what he is talking about and it's free! It's the most healthy way i have found to lose weight and i need to lose 80lbs so Good luck!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 7:55 AM on Mar. 18, 2009