legal advice?

I'm looking for info on the interstate laws of adoption, the timeframe a birth mom has before the babys born to move ( with intensions of living in the state of placement for work, etc.) and what the violations are if the laws were broken(fees, jailtime etc.) any advice where to look is appreciated thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Adoption

• It's always best to check your state's laws because these things are going to vary every time.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 10:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I have a book that has adoption laws of the different states. If you would like to you can email me. Have a nice day.

Love,
    Michelle
    hopingforanange

Answer by hopingforanange at 11:13 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Maybe an attorney whom specializes in interstate adoption laws???? I am sure you could google this info, for whatever state, and come up with numerous attornies. I am not sure what part you are playing in this scenario, but whichever ot is, wish only to suggest, you do so with legal counsel. I hope tis has given some insight, Blessings, C.J.
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 10:14 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• So if a mother lives in State A and wants to move to State B (not just for making an adoption plan, but moving to the state permanently), you want to know if they must move to State B so much time before she has the baby.
    It is illegal to move from State A to State B just to make an adoption plan, but it happens all the time. Utah agencies are know for this type of adoption.
    I have never seen anything in adoption law that is published for general information regarding this scenario. I would think that if it is an issue, then you would have to follow the state adoption laws of State A while living in State B. So basically you would have to follow both laws (I have heard of this when mothers have lived in a maternity home)
    Call counsel or an agency in State B
    luckyshamrock

Answer by luckyshamrock at 12:18 PM on Mar. 16, 2009