Am I the only one?

Am I the only one that sometimes wishes I could just run away from my family? Sometimes I wish I had never got married, so that I could still date, or flirt, or even....get some. I miss the thrill of the chase.
I hate my mommy body, and Im so frusterated with my 6 year old I could just explode, or I wish I could. My baby is teething and I wish that I could just run away and be on my own, alone, with no one to take care of but myself.

littleblackrose

Asked by littleblackrose at 11:03 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• To be honest, some days I do think that but then I look at the lil' boogers and realize how lucky I am. All in all, just make sure you take a little time to yourself. Whether it's just a quiet bath, a walk, a couple hours of shopping (even if it's just window shopping). Just GET OUT of the house for a breather. It helps. =)
    Anonymous

• Hey girl, everyone has a those days where your just so frustrated and that's ok. Just try to remember the good things about your marriage and kids.

Yes.I've been there, but if you in a happy marriage then things will get better if not than figure it out, but your babies need you so try to be patient and just love them.
    Anonymous

• I am sorry that you are feeling blue and trapped. This too shall pass in a few years. The children get older and move away. I know being a mom with young children seems as if it will last forever, but when the kids are gone you'll wonder why it seemed such a long time. Having a baby is exhausting anyway, so this may be contributing to your sadness. Since you are aware of these feelings, be extra careful to be nurturing for your 6 year old especially, the baby probably already gets lots of attention because he or she needs constant care. Make sure the 6 year old gets lots of hugs and attention. Every job has ups and downs, and being a good mom is your job right now. What you do now will influence your children all of their lives. I hope you are getting at least one evening or morning off a week, try to arrange it if you aren't, even if you trade babysitting with another mom.

Answer by Bmat at 11:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Great advice, ladies...
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 11:17 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Yea, make the best of it because you are blessed to have a family... be sure to get away once in a while to appreciate your children. You'll want to have a good relationship with your children when you are older! As for the mom body, most of us have that problem too!
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 11:29 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Well I think you are beautiful and your children are as well. You are blessed to have them, they are alot of work and sacrifice but you'll never be sorry for spending your life for theirs. True womanhood isn't about having a perfect figure or "freedoM" to do as you like, real women lay their lives down for the sake of those they love and in the end are rewarded richly. Make a daily schedule and stick to it so you don't feel overwhelmed by chores and set aside specific times each day for reading to your children, singing with them and just enjoying some playtime outside in the fresh air and sunshine. Learn to enjoy the simple pleasures of life and be thankful for what you do have. Focus on the positive and what your hard work is doing for your children and do your best each day. That's all any of us can do:-)
    lilhoney

Answer by lilhoney at 11:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• OMG, we all feel that way. The kids are stressful and this is how we learn patience even if it kills us. The grass is usually NOT greener if you at least married a man you loved. Remember this, many people "weather" crushes while married, they just don't act on them. Also, the guys feel the same way at times. I have seen my marriage ebb and flow sometimes ebbing for a year at a time. Then something changes and it all comes back. Marriage isn't about only sex and the honeymoon period. That's what you desire when you have a crush but sometimes when you see it through, you'll find the fella you thought was so hot turns out to kinda be lame. Then you're thankful again for your hubby and glad you didn't actually "do" something. Just see. We all hate our post baby bods. Get back in the gym, start a pilates tape or do the situps to feel better about yourself. What's going on is normal!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:46 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• You aren't the only one. It doesn't mean that you don't love your family.. sometimes it can be overwhelming. Don't worry, because I'm sure it's happened to us all.
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 12:01 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Never.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 12:09 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I feel like that ALL THE TIME!! I recently started taking time for myself to do things that I actually want to do. I go on walks, go to the library, go grocery shopping alone etc. Get a babysitter if you need to! If you can't afford one, trying going to your church and see if someone is willing to swap babysitting with you. It's okay to take time for yourself!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 12:41 AM on Mar. 16, 2009