Forcing routine on a one yr old to go to sleep,how do i start???My son just doesnt fall asleep easily he stays awake until the wee hours what do i do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Go to drjaygordon.com...there is a great article on getting baby to sleep.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• thank you will go check that article out now.thanks soooo much.
    Anonymous

• Put him to bed around 7 or 8. Letting them stay up later (like when he was a younger baby) can over-tire them and make them over-stimulated making it actually harder for them to fall asleep.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:20 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• You really shouldn't have to 'force' a routine on the baby. Babies like routine. They like knowing what to expect. A bedtime routine should be consistent. Our routine includes a bath, some cuddling as we get into a diaper and jammies, a bedtime story, etc. It's all very peaceful and all my kids are in bed asleep no later than 8:00 pm. Try doing the same thing at the same time every day and you'll see what I mean. Also, what time does the child get up in the am? My kids are up by 7, so they are tired out by 8 pm!
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 1:06 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I read a great book called the 90 Minute Sleep Solution by Dr. Polly Moore. It really helped me find my daughters natural sleep cycle. I learned that I was making a lot of mistakes. Once you read it, it is all common sense.

Message me if you have questions.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:22 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• this is going to sound crazy lol But we put my son in his room and had mounted a tv in there well every night he gets to pic a movie to lay down with such as BARNEY lol ! and we shut his door... he can do what he wants as long as he stays in his room ( which he always fall asleep with in 30 min)... when we first started he wouldn't stay in his room because he was scared of the door being shut SO we made his door to his bedroom a half door !!! So that no matter what we can hear him and he knows he isn';t completely blocked off !
    Anonymous