becoming a doula

wut do u need to do to become a doula
and do u have to be a certian age

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i would like to no these things too if someone could please msg me!!!
    I live in Australia!! im not sure if that changes anything???
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 11:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Wth is a doula?
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 11:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• like a midwife
    Anonymous

• you have to learn how to spell what
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I am looking into becoming a postpartum doula. I found two good websites that could help you. Go to : www.birthinternational.com or www.dona.org
    You need to read some mandatory books, do some essays and other stuff to become certified. I do know that you don't have to become certified but I'm not sure how that works exactly.

By the way, I'm sure you know how to spell "what", you were just shortening up the words. And honestly a doula isn't like a midwife, a midwife does all the medical stuff needed to deliver and a doula doesn't. A doula is more for the support for the mom as much as for the family thru delivery and then the postpartum doula is there to help the family/mom get set up at home and help w/ light cleaning, breastfeeding, possible light food prep, and getting the other children involved some. It's fun work, I can't wait till I get my training done and I can get to work w/ moms and their babes !
    cuteasabutton78

Answer by cuteasabutton78 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• sorry I made a typo the one website is www.childbirthinternational.com that one everything is online, you even get a trainer throught the website. I believe it's $430. for the program and you can make installments. And once you become certified your set for life. the Dona.org, you have to pay for the trainer and the books yourself. I think this one has more recommendations plus you have to keep getting recertified.
    Anonymous