• In the Spotlight:

2 1/2 year old still sleeping after being sick

ok so my dd 2 1/2 just got over being real sick and still has a cough well she’s still sleeping all the time so is she still sick or just off schedule? I'm really worried she’s slept for hours and the only dr I can trust to her isn’t in my town that often and the way kids in my town are getting sick all the drs are over an hour behind in seeing the kids last week dds dr was so far behind they actually forgot we were there her dr just happened to see the light in the room was still on i really don’t want to go back if this is normal and expose her to the germs of other kids cause when she gets sick she really gets sick and usually ends up in the hospital and was a day away from it this time please help if you can

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Kids' Health

• When she is awake does she act normal? If so, then I wouldn't worry too much. If she doesn't act normal, then I would call the DR. GL
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 11:46 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Her body is probably trying to recoop after being sick. If she is lethargic when she is awake and just wanting to lay on the couch to watch tv or sleep some more...I would bring her in.
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 3:02 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• If she is coughing while she is sleeping, she probably isn't getting enough sleep. My children will be exhausted when they wake up, if they were coughing in the middle of the night. Putting a vapor rub on their chest and feet help them not cough too much while they were sleeping. They wake up ready to face the day because they are not tired.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 12:15 PM on Mar. 16, 2009