Anyone else?

Is anyone else tired of their labor and delivery unit? The nurses at mine treat you like your stupid when you come in. My contractions are every 5-7 minutes apart so I went in and they told me it doesn't matter how consistant they are only if they hurt. The thing is they DO hurt, I have to stop talking to breathe through my contractions. They didn't even check me for dialation. Anyone else think there is something wrong with that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• that is total BS! I have never known a labor and delivery nurse to be like that! Most of them are fantastic! Is it too late to switch hospitals lol. And btw contractions dont necessarily have to hurt. some women have no pain at all! I can not see how that is their indicator for labor. Thats not right
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 12:10 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• L&D here's night nurse sucks balls!

Royally. I went in having contractions Wednesday and ended up having to stay the night. I was put on an IV, and a really nice nurse put it in. B!*$h that tried to take it out was about 90 years old, short, pudgy, and took one glove off to scratch her arm, then failed to put it back on before reaching to remove my IV. Tape was wrapped from my palm, over the back of my hand and IV back around to my palm, and she tried to pick the tape from the top! DUH?!

I ended up retracting my arm from her nasty hands, removing the IV myself, then calling my OB and asking that she not be present during my labor, nor handle my baby.

Glad I'm not alone, but jeez! No one should be in either of our situations!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:22 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• the one here sucks!
    i was in labor for 28 hours
    and threw that whole time they kept telling me i wasnt able to get and epidoral.
    and then when i was fully dialeted, the doctor told me i needed to wait about another hour becuase she had an emergency downstairs.. i was stuck waiting a whole nother 3 hours !!!!
    Cyarasmom

Answer by Cyarasmom at 2:09 AM on Mar. 16, 2009