I know stretch marks are "genetic". Has anyone prevented them even though your mom had them?

Please don't respond if you tried and still got them. I just want to hear from anyone who tried and beat the odds and how you did it.

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I really don't think there is a was to prevent them. My mom had them pretty bad. I gained sixty pounds with my daughter and got none. So don't stress it so much. I think women who put on like eighty pounds while pregnant cuz they don't realize how much they are really eating. I know I know its hard. I wish you the best of luck..
    sarabeth1

Answer by sarabeth1 at 11:38 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• oops met way not was !!
    sarabeth1

Answer by sarabeth1 at 11:39 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• My mom had them terrible, but never put on more than 18 lbs with any of her 4 kids.

I have put on almost 40lbs, and I have none. I use Eucerin lotion, the Intensive formula! LOOOOOOOVE IT!!!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:45 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• i was told to use vasoline cream
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:48 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I have VERY VERY faint ones but they are so tiny you can't even tell (NOTHING compared to the huge purple ones) As soon as I found out I was preg I got 3 things... 1. Cocoa butter lotion (in lotion and stick rub on form) 2. baby oil 3. Palmer's anti itch oil The cocoa butter I used 24/7 and very generously. The baby oil I would put on right after the shower while I was still soaked so that I could dry off and get most of it off. and the anti itch is for when your tummy starts growing and stretching... Also make sure you don't just focus on your tummy. Be sure to include your thighs all around, hips, and boobs... GL
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 11:52 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Any kind of vaseline, petroleum jelly, or baby oil will suffocate your skin! NOT a good idea!

Choose lotions or creams that either don't contain mineral oil or petrolatum! Also, any of your higher-end lotions or creams will be more expensive, but that means that there is less filler in them!

Know too, that when bottles say they contain natural oils or collagen, those natural oils and collagens are NOT human! There are plants that get those products from refineries generating the oils and collagens from roadkill and ill livestock! (Did my research early!) DO NOT put that stuff on your skin!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:11 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• my mum got none!!! and i have thousands!!! although it is genetic... it is also luck of the draw
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:43 AM on Mar. 16, 2009