What TV shows are your kids not allowed to watch?

I'm talking kids shows, not like CSI! lol

TanyaR1024

Asked by TanyaR1024 at 11:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• Barney. And Teletubbies. And any one of those silly shows where grown adults sing and have concerts (if I'm in the room). Oh, and caillou because it is just freaking annoying.

Actually they can watch what ever they want as long as I don't have to listen to it. I can't stand most of the stuff that comes on PBS and Disney in the morning. But I'll sit down and watch an iCarly marathon with them any day.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:27 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• BARNEY cant stand that stupid thing oh and hip hop harry
    Proud_mommy531

Answer by Proud_mommy531 at 12:50 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• farzzles world..caillou..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:11 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Anything on cable or network TV since I don't have access to it. Videos only in our house...and those are mostly just Curious George and Caillou. No Spongebob, no Barney, no anything else...not always because it's not allowed, but more because we just don't have it (sometimes on purpose).
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 9:07 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My son is 15 so there really isn't much on TV that he's not allowed to watch. My 9 year old doesn't have many restrictions either, not during the day. I don't like Dora, drives me nuts so I make her change the channel. But for the most part, we dont' have many restrictions, the obvious ones are the Prime Time shows, alot of those are too adult for her.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:21 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Family guy for sure! That one and south park are way too adult for my little ones! Other than that I hate barney! So annoying...that and teletubbies! If I had to choose btwn barney and teletubbies I would choose barney...LOL...but I am annoyed by both! I am also annoyed by Caillou and curious george but over all I don't mind those two too much.
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 10:35 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I don't let my three year old watch SpongeBob. I had to put my foot down when my stepdaughter was watching 6teen. It caught my daughter's attention because it's a cartoon, but it was totally inappropriate. If SD wants to watch it, she can watch it at her house.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 10:44 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My son is 11.

No Sponge Bob, it's like crack for his brain.
    No Misadventures of Flap Jack
    No Family Guy

I'm fine with most of the Nick TV shows except for the ones above.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 11:54 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Mine are 4 and under...No Spongebob. No shows rated Y7 or over. Well, they can watch Olivia, but that is the only Y7 show. I haven't exposed them to Barney because I HATE Barney. LOL
    jeremysmom04

Answer by jeremysmom04 at 2:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Chowder and The Misadventures of Flapjack~ neither make any sense or even have a storyline .
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 8:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2009