What advice would you give to a woman to do before she starts TTC?

Health wise, financially, etc... Whatever ya got!

TanyaR1024

Asked by TanyaR1024 at 11:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Start a prenatal and get plenty of folic acid. The benefits of folic acid are so early in the pregnancy it's before most women even miss a period.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 11:42 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I head that you should be a total body cleanse/ detox.
    Anonymous

• Quit smoking, drinking, drugs, whatever your vice is. Get your body used to less caffeine, and start a prenatal. Financially, make sure you have a place to call your own, whether your rent or own or live in a place your parents gave you. And make sure all your bills are paid with a little extra on the side. If you wait until you own your house and your car is paid off and you finish school and hubby gets that promotion or whatever whatever whatever, you will never have a child. You will always find something else that should be done first. As long as you aren't a risk to a fetus and you can support a child, (emotionally, physically, financially, mentally) go for it.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:46 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Be married.
    Anonymous

• LOOK FOR THE BEST VITAMINS! THERE ARE MANY THAT COST A LOT BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE THEM ANY BETTER. START TAKING THEM RIGHT AWAY, IT IS RECOMMENDED 18 MONTHS BEFORE TTC.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 12:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I just had to say the person who said "Be married" is not a nice answer. You do NOT have to be married to have children.

Just make sure you are healthy and mentally ready to get pregnant.

Good luck! =D
    celebritymandy

Answer by celebritymandy at 7:55 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• lol anon you'll be happy to know I'm getting married in June and TTC to in the fall. But our 7 and 10 YO will be there! lol
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 8:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I definitely think health is important. I would recommend a full body cleanse and then after that is done take good vitamins, find natural ones with no fillers! make sure you're getting a good amount of folic acid and omega 3's. :) This is what I was going to do, had I not gotten this surprise pregnancy haha.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:24 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Oh, if you want to cloth diaper, start stocking slowly while TTC. Neutral colors, etc, so that you don't have to worry about diapers. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:25 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• definitely a good pre-natal vitamin. Get the book "Taking charge of your fertility" Quite a good book!
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 10:31 AM on Mar. 16, 2009