TMI (bathroom problems.. =X )

for a few months now, i've been having blood with my stool. it comes and goes. it's bright red and isn't on/in my poo, but a some blood comes out in drops. i'm not feeling any pain or discomfort. just the blood with my stool. should i be worried? i know that's a stupid question. =P i guess my question is what could it be and could it be an indication of something serious? it's very difficult to be seen by my doctor and i don't like taking my kids to the ER & don't know any baby sitters. so any help would be deeply appreciated. thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2009 in Health

• Yes, it is something to be concerned about. You will need to do a hemocult screening. It will determine is the blood is caused by something like cancer. Of course it could be a hemorrhoid, but the Dr. can rule that one out by examining you in his office.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Look up Hemorrhoids on Webmd.com

I think you can have them up inside the tract and not know it.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Go to the doctor thats not a good thing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• You probably have hemorrhoids. Do you strain a lot when having a bowel movement? Either way it wouldn't hurt just to have a dr check it out . More than likely you may have hemorrhoids and or straining too much. Eat plenty of fiber 20-30 grams, lots of water. Wipe with tucks after a bowel movement. Still see your doctor so they can rule out the need for antibiotics or irritable bowel syndrome. No worries when you go they just need to rule out infections then put you on the right course to help you out.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:03 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• It can be a lot of things, I know it may be a hassle to see the doctor, but you really need to call him. I know my neighbor was bleeding for quite some time, it was just a little bit at a time, she didn't even know she was bleeding, one day she passed out, she ended up having several bleeding ulcers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Ulcers, gall stones. Go to the doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• EAT MORE FIBER AND DRINK MORE WATER. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH FIBER YOUR STOOLS WILL BE HARD AND YOU WILL GET HEMORRHOIDS AND BLEEDING.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 12:26 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• If blood is coming out in drops it most likely is not hemorroids. Especially if yopu can feel the blood come out with the stool. I highly reccomend you see a doctor as soon as possible. It could be may things as to what it is. The blood coming out like that is a warning sign that you need to do something to help this. I also agree that you need to get your iron levels checked as well. If you are low on iron it is another warning sign.

Also if you have black stools and or tarry stools you need to go to the ER right away.

This is something that needs to get checked asap. {not to scare you} but seriously this doesn't sound like hemorroids.
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 2:55 AM on Mar. 16, 2009