Was it bad being prego in the summer? TTC but don't if I should wait till fall!!

TTC but don't know if I should wait till fall to try because all the summer fun, just don't want it to rain on my parade. and don't know if having a baby in the winter would be that great or not. I have one daughter and got prego with her in the fall and had her in the spring. LOVED IT.. any advice?

sarabeth1

Asked by sarabeth1 at 12:01 AM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• If you get pregnant in the fall, you will deliver in the summer. Have been 9 months in August, and 2 months in August, I would rather be 2 months in August. Think about when you would deliver, not when you would conceive.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:43 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I was pregnant in the summer and I didnt mind it! I got swollen, but I was swollen constantly anyways lol. I acutally liked it because when my daugter was born it was still warm out so we could go outside basically right away and I got to have more fun with her. Now that its winter we're cooped up in the house so I prefer having a baby in the summer
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 12:03 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• No its not bad i had my dd in septemer so i went through the entire summer I loved going swimming your just not suppost to go under water cause you have to hold your breath i even laied out i would use a childs swim ring to lay on my tummy (the dr ok'd it). I just didnt stay in the sun long and would take breaks and drink plenty of fluids
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 12:06 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My son was born in August, right in the midst of the worst of our summer heat. Being pregnant in the heat was no fun.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:07 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I have been pregnant in summer and winter. I would not want to be near he end of my pregnancy in the summer!
    jordanmarie2000

Answer by jordanmarie2000 at 12:12 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I was preggo in summer and it SUCKED!!!! It can take a while to conceive though, so try now and if it happens and you have to preggo in the summer, oh well, it's not the worst thing ever, and the baby is TOTALLY worth the hot sweaty summer days and nights haahaa!
    braydynnesmomma

Answer by braydynnesmomma at 3:59 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• If you're worried about a child "raining on your parade" before they even arrive, you might want to wait longer than just the fall.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:49 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• If you have a/c it's not that bad.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:12 AM on Mar. 16, 2009