how do you cool your cakes?

Do you leave them in the pan to cool? Do you put them on a rack? Or do you put them in the fridge?

kitten914612

Asked by kitten914612 at 12:05 AM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I usually take them out about 5 minutes before it says to take them out, then I cool them in the pan. If I'm impatient or need them for an occasion, I'll plop them out onto a plate and stick them in the fridge.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Put Them In The Fridge. In The Pan Still...Works So Much better For Me.
    Cyarasmom

Answer by Cyarasmom at 2:04 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I put them in the freezer in the pan. For no more than 20 minutes. Works great! Also, if you grease the pans but DO NOT FLOUR them, your cakes will never stick!
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 9:17 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• If I want a cake to come out of a pan I will grease the pan, line the bottom with wax paper cut to fit, grease again then flour. When the cake is done baking, let it cool 10 minutes in the pan on a rack, then put the rack over the cake upside down and flip the cake, pan and all. Leave the cake on the rack to finish cooling. If I am in a hurry to get it frosted and decorated, I will put it in the fridge or freezer until it's cool but not frozen.

If the cake is going to stay in the pan to be served I just let it cool in the pan. Again, I'll put it in the fridge or freezer if I am in a hurry.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:43 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• On the counter in the pan, I have only tried to remove a cake from a pan once and it didn't work out so well. It was a mess!!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2009