Traveling by plane for 11 hours, what to do??? What to take???

I have two four month old little girls and were going to NY for 5 days. What should I take????
Thanks, Im really confused about this one!!

almostamommyof2

Asked by almostamommyof2 at 12:17 AM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Travel

• Car seats.

Diapers. Formula if you're bottle feeding.

Pacifiers.

Not a lot you can do with traveling four month olds to entertain them. Hope they sleep!

Answer by gdiamante at 12:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• a moby wrap to wrap them both to you? I dont know. I do know that flight is insanely too long though ive flown from seattle to syracuse and vice versa multiple times. Cant imagine doing it with two 4 month olds though. Just make sure you have plenty of diapers, a change of clothes or two for each of them plugs(pacifiers) if they take them basically just regular stuff you would take with you if you were going to a friends house for the day. I hope the flight goes smoothly for you =)
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 12:24 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Good luck, just bring the necessaties. BTW, if anyone gives you any greif on the plane, just ignore them.
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 1:00 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I AM A FLIGHT ATTENDANT, SO I ENCOUNTER THIS DAILY. DUE TO SECURITY ISSUES YOU CAN'T BRING LIQUIDS THRU SECURITY CHECK POINT, SO IF YOU ARE FEEDING W/FORMULA, BRING POWDER ONLY. IF YOU ARE BREAST FEEDING, PLEASE BRING SOMETHING TO COVER UP WITH WHEN NURSING. I WOULD SUGGEST A BOTTLE WITH SOMETHING TO DRINK DURING THE TAKE OFF AND LANDING PHASES OF THE FLIGHT BECAUSE OF THE CABIN PRESSURE. THIS WILL HELP TO KEEP THEIR EARS FROM HURTING. GOOD LUCK!! AND IGNORE ALL OF THOSE PASSENGERS WHO COMPLAIN ABOUT CRYING BABIES, BABIES DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON BUT ADULTS DO.
    LUVBUG320

Answer by LUVBUG320 at 8:58 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• OH, I FORGOT ONE THING. JUST BE CERTAIN THAT YOUR CAR SEATS HAVE THE STICKER SOMEWHERE ON THE BACK OR ON THE SIDE OF THEM THAT SAY THEY ARE APPROVED TO FLY ON AIRCRAFT. THIS SHOULD BE IN RED LETTERS. AND TRY TO GET A WINDOW SEAT IF YOU CAN FOR EACH CAR SEAT. IT'S AN F.A.A. POLICY. A LOT OF PEOPLE DON'T KNOW THIS AHEAD OF TIME. IT WILL HELP SAVE YOU SOME FRUSTRATION DURING BOARDING.
    LUVBUG320

Answer by LUVBUG320 at 9:08 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I keep baby einstein on my i-touch. I don't let her watch it often, its only for waiting rooms and long trips. You could play it on a laptop if severe boredom is what you worried about.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:42 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• ask you Dr if you can give them anything to help them sleep most of the time?
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:27 AM on Mar. 16, 2009