Graco info needed

Hi guys, my inlaws are looking to buys us this setup as babys first gift from grandma and grandpa (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10843058) but we(they and us) want to know if graco is a good and more importantly safe brand to buy

Mrs.Curtis

Asked by Mrs.Curtis at 12:35 AM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Graco is the best!!! I trust them with my daughters life completly!
    Onlly brand i buy! ONLY
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 12:38 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Oh me 2 I only use graco for stroller car seat and playpen i love the products and if instructions are followed the are in my opinion the safest
    Proud_mommy531

Answer by Proud_mommy531 at 12:40 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Graco is pretty good. However, I have to recommend Britax. Go to babiesrus.com and read the reviews for Britax car seats. I came across several people who left reviews stating they had been in a wreck that nearly killed them, totaled their car, and put them in the hosp. for weeks, their child however, didnt even have a mark on them from the car seat straps. I went with Graco for a baby carrier at first... then switched to Britax Convertible car seats. The regent and frontier made by Britax also harnesses up to 80 lbs. Most car seats harness up to 40, 65 at most. My 4 year old is 42 lbs... and at that age, she still needs a harness. Its worth the extra money to get a car seat that will keep your child safer for that much longer. Do some research on them...
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 1:52 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Graco is the play pen, stroller, carseat,and high chair we have, even my lil sis bought the same ones as we did for her little girl....
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 2:27 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• graco is good. my graco playpen is 4 years old and still in perfect condition. the carseat and stroller i got for my first has been through 3 babies and is still nice and safe. and the pooh pattern is totally cool
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Graco is a good brand. I was always confident in their products.

As far as car seats go...the safest one is one in which the baby fits properly and which fits properly in your vehicle. Car seats HELP keep your child safe. They are not a guarantee.

I have a friend who was in an accident. She was driving and broke her collar bone. Her 6 year old nephew was harnessed in a car seat. He was killed. Her daughter was rear facing in the middle of the vehicle. She now has brain damage,part of her skull is missing, she has a staph infection in the gortex protecting her frontal lobes, and will be globally delayed.

They were both buckled in correctly, the seats were installed correctly. The 6 year old boy...in a Britax. There are some things a car seat cannot prevent.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:22 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Graco is great. I have a mix of evenflo, graco and costco products and all work well. As with any car seat, the key is to get the seat installed properly and make sure baby is strapped in correctly. Even the most expensive car seat is useless if not used properly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Mar. 16, 2009