Have you ever had the Seven year itch and how did you get through it??

Me and my DH have been together seven year which is kinda weird that they have the saying and it is happening. But after all this time for the past months I have really been wondering what I am doing in this relationship. I look at him now and I wonder what I was thinking. How do you survive!!! PLEASE HELP.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• are you married to him or just in a relationship? if not then maybe you're wondering where it's going and you feel it's not going anywhere, that's a long ass time to be with someone and not know, sit down with him and talk about it.
    WhatevaItTakes

Answer by WhatevaItTakes at 1:02 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Totally normal. Do you still love him? Can you pin down the problem? Just get through the crush and don't act on it. That's the secret, don't act on it. We all have this problem and honestly, my husband is HOT. It isn't that, it's like this lack of freedom and the knowing you can't go out and jump some hot British guy's bones. Marriage ebbs and flows. Right now it's ebbing. Do more together, be more affectionate even if it's like going through the motions. It's just how it is and it gets better. Unless there's a real serious reason to dump him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• oh I just noticed you said DH, sorry maybe you need a change? not as in leave him but maybe you feel like you're in a routine, try something different and adventurous to bring some "spark" back into your relationship. good luck!
    WhatevaItTakes

Answer by WhatevaItTakes at 1:04 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• seven year itch? LMAO when I read this I thought you were talking about vaginas !!!
    hahaha! sorry i didn't know what the seven year itch was until now.
    hey you learn something everyday. hahah.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Well, since you know about how alot of people get to that point around this time, then you probably also know that if they stick with it things get better. Marriages have dry spells, and trials....emotionally, sexually, finacially. There will be more times that you stop and go.... "UHHH< why did we do this.. is there really any point"... and there will times when you look around and wonder what it would be like to be single or married to someone else. But that is that part about commitment and love... doesn't mean much when things are good... it means everything when you lay aside your emotions and stick with it. I personally feel that I made a promise to my husband and God when I said "I DO". And I plan to keep my promise. Find ways to change the pace in your marriage... perhaps its time to start dating eachother again, or to learn something new together? Spice things up. the grass is greener were you water it...
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:50 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I'm going through the same thing right now (been married 6 yrs, together for 8) so if you want to PM me, we can complain together about our husbands, lol.
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 9:30 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Sorry 2 say IDK the answer 2 that question. My marrage ended after 7 years. He left me like right after our 7 year ann. Good luck with yours!
    rachel0226

Answer by rachel0226 at 10:26 AM on Mar. 16, 2009