my DD is 2 weeks and.....

she will start screaming her head off
just out of no where
then i cant calm her down i try everything
that i can think of to calm her down
then she just stop and is a sleep again
like nothing happend
dose anyone know why she could be doing this
i got a doc appt for her on the 24th
that is the soonest i could get in

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 1:05 AM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• colic? Im not really sure...
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 1:06 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Sounds like tummy problems to me. Babies with gastrointestinal issues tend to start and stop screaming quite suddenly, since the pain comes in waves. I'd try gas drops, or just a bottle with plain warm water can do wonders. You can bicycle her legs each day to keep things moving, and rubbing the bottom of a baby's feet can help, since there are reflexology points there that correspond to the digestive tract.
    Mergath

Answer by Mergath at 1:19 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• ask your doctor about milocon drops... they are gas relief drops for infants... They were my best friend when my son was just born. it sounds gas related (which is what some doc say is 'colic')
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 1:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• it could be gas. burp her as often as you can.. even when shes not eating. my dd was like that too. shes still new to the world. shes still getting used to her new environment. when she cries, hold her till shes all cried out. sometimes all they really want is just MOMMY. congratulations!
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 1:50 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Sounds like gas. You'd be surprised just how much a gas bubble or an burp bubble can bother them. Make sure you burp thoroughly after feedings (and even half way in between). Even if baby falls asleep...wake her up and burp her if you have to...she'll only wake up a little while later with a bubble anyway. A little pressure on her tummy might help her feel better during a gas incident. You could try laying her face down in your lap with her head/arms on one leg and her belly on your other leg. A gentle tummy massage is nice to help get things moving. Bicycling her legs or pulling them out then pushing them in towards her chest (gently) is helpful. When all else fails, get some mylicon drops or Gripe Water (Gripe Water ROCKS...make sure you get something with oil of fennel in it). Good Luck.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:13 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• when she does that try burping her its more than likely just gas my son would do that once in a while
    Litlegourd

Answer by Litlegourd at 2:32 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Sounds like it might be gas, or even colic. My DD went through the same thing (colic). She would be dead asleep, then all of a sudden she would start screaming at the top of her lungs! And she would scream FOR HOURS. It was nerve racking, to say the least.
    Is she having any other symptoms? Spitting up/vomiting, fever, rash?
    Are you breastfeeding or formula feeding? Is she having any kind of feeding problems?
    In the meantime, try Mylicon drops (or the generic). Or you can try Cocyntal or gripe water, which both worked wonders for my DD.
    Good luck!!

emslala

Answer by emslala at 3:07 AM on Mar. 16, 2009