My friend is willing to throw our whole friendship away due to a disagreement over her child.

I just finished sitting he place with 7 horses 3 dogs and two cats for a month. Her 17 yr old daughter ended up showing up and staying. We had a few outs with each other. I was lied to by her daughter several times about her mom being mad and stuff. I felt very used as she was not home and couldnt deal with her daughters disrespect etc. Understandable. I was not well and when they came home me and the mom had it out a little and so i felt to put my feeling on paper. I did and mis worded some stuff. I did go over and say sorry several times in person and told her it is just how i felt not that it was indended. She would not respond to me and will not talk to me at all. There is nothing more i can do. My hubby said it was going to happen because of all the hurt felt things that was done. I see her hurt by one thing i said in my note, that i felt used. But why can't she see my hurt for the past month. I never got a personal thank

shailynn9

Asked by shailynn9 at 1:24 AM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• um. ...sorry to hear about that. I hope things get better for you.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:32 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• i dont want it to end and dont know how to resolve it though?
    shailynn9

Answer by shailynn9 at 1:34 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• i dont know either. it doesnt sound like there is much you can do. live, love, laugh and learn. ...
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:41 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I don't think there really is anything you can do but give it time and space.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:44 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• give her a few days to calm down & think things through.. then try to call her to see how she is doing or something, or ask her out for lunch... maybe that is all you need to do.. if that doesnt work then give it a rest & let her come to you when ever, if ever she is ready... but by trying repeatedly to put yourself back in her life is just going to tick her off more. Hopefully you guys have mutual friends or something else that will keep you two in contact even a small bit, maybe in time the relationship can be repaired..... if all else fails just put her on your 'christmas card list' and send her a nice card once a year from christmas & her bday. and let it be. she will know you care but you are not super stalking her or anything..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:38 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I agree with giving her some time. You can't make her do anything so you have to step back and allow time to heal. She would probably side with her child because she is "mom." That's what we do when family is involved. Hopefully, with time she will see through her hurt and you will be ok.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 6:39 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I was going to say time also. Make your apologies, then step back and give her some time. Then try again. The friend ship doesn't have to end, but maybe it needs a break.

I'd be angry with anyone who fought with my kid too. Don't mess with a woman an her child. You know that. Good luck though, I hope it works out. Friends are precious.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:04 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My problem though is she doesnt see the hurt i have and what she has said to me either. She agreed with every argument i had with her daughter as she is 17 and not a small child anymore. She has said way more hurtful things to my one comment. The only comment i said was that i felt used because of the lies from her daughter saying she was mad at me etc. That is my biggest problem. And the fact that anytime my kids have beed direspectful to her i have dealt with it right away and made them do personal sorries etc. I have got no thank you for doing all the stuff i had to do incl the extras, like laying new flooring in childs room, cleaning a bunch helped her daughter with tax stuff and work stuff etc.
    shailynn9

Answer by shailynn9 at 9:15 AM on Mar. 16, 2009