Bad credit credit cards?

Does anyone know of a credit card company that will give credit to someone with really bad credit??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• Capital One used to...but these days they may now. Providian Bank also handled such accounts.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:42 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• go to creditcards.com and they have credit cards for people who have bad credit, but the only thing that sucks about it is if you credit is really horrible, they make you put down a deposit and like 200 dollars a month or something up front..and they make you pay it off all at ones..good luck with that one..how bad is your credit if you don't mind me asking!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Its really not a good idea to do this. Its just digging into a deeper whole. If you get one you'll be paying high interest rates which could be money you use to pay off other debt. Not bashing you, I am paying my bills off now and will never get another credit card. I wish everyone would put those companies out of business.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:05 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• It probably is a bad idea. It will just get you further in debt. I would just pay off your debt you have instead of opening a new account and creating more bills. Good luck
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 4:09 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Just stick with checking account with a debit card. Credit is destroying millions of families right now. What we did was slowly put aside 1,000 K emergency fund. Murphy tends to stay away more. If you don't have an emergency fund things will happen one after another. Then we budget for things. It took years but we finally realized Christmas doesn't change days so we can budget for it. This was first cash only Christmas and let me tell you January felt alot better. School starts in August and they need new clothes, school fees, school supplies, pictures so all those are in the budget ahead of time. If we don't make enough to cover it then we pick up more hours, another job or something to make sure we have enough. Going back in debt is never an option for us. Check out this website www.daveramsey.com also a good read is the total money makeover by Dave Ramsey. It is at most libraries.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:13 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• bad idea
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Mar. 16, 2009