this question is 4 all black mamas and hairstylists out there (baby hair question)

My daughter is a mixed child who got her daddys hair (he's black) and I have no clue what product to put in it so that she won't cry when I brush it, do you have any suggestions for me, any advice would be wonderful thank you

Red_Mama0723

Asked by Red_Mama0723 at 2:22 AM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• My daughter has very thick and somewhat curly hair. She is also very tender headed. I keep a spary bottle that I fill with warm water. When its time to comb hair, I put a towel around her neck and spray( one section at a time) her hair down with water. I also add hair grease. And I comb/brush each section starting from the ends and work my way up tp the roots. .....WATER and GREASE!
    actress

Answer by actress at 2:30 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• pink moisturizer or detangle product, get liv
    naske795

Answer by naske795 at 2:35 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Instead of an artificial grease, find a good natural oil to use in her hair. This will come in handy for years to come. Here's an article I recommended to someone else a couple days ago. It has some great info on it.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:36 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• What kind of grease do you use?
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 2:38 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Thank you all for your suggestions keep'em comin please I really appreciate it. I'll be checkin back in the mornin around 8:30am pacific time. Good night to all sweet dreams talk to you in the morning
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 2:56 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I have naturally curly hair. I would say to use a spray bottle with half water and half conditioner as a detangler or just buy a detangler, then section hair in fours and comb each part out slowly from bottom to top, then i would recommend using the olive oil hair mostuizer product. It is natural and not greasy and makes curls look beautiful! I would also recommend doing this at night and braiding the sections into braids and in the AM let them out so her hair and curls are more loose and saves you the trouble of doing it in the AM. Let me know how it goes!! :)
    Sunshine4u300

Answer by Sunshine4u300 at 11:12 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• She doesn't stay still enough for me to braid, but where can I find the olive oil hair moisturizer?
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 16, 2009