Hmm.....

What should I think when my DH suddenly gets intensly angry when I tell him what my closest friends tell me about him? He'll immediatly start cussing and call them "insane, liars" etc. What am I supposed to think? That he was really caught in a lie??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• Since we don't know the behind the scenes of this, it is hard to tell why he is defensive...
    if it's something silly, like he looked good in this outfit, or they saw him loose a show at the store, etc.. then I wouldn't even comment on things like these, they may just embarress him, which is why he is being defensive.
    If its more, your friend(s) saw SO in a bar, being a little touchy feely with another girl... then that I would want to look into more.. Remember your friends don't have all the facts either.. for all they know it could have been a relative that he gave a hug too and they are exaggerating.. so find out more before jumping down SO's throat about it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• a little elaboration would be helpful
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Not sure what this is about but he sounds on the defensive. Do you have any evidence that what you're friends saying is true?
    jackdaw

Answer by jackdaw at 4:06 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I agree it sounds defensive. If all you're going to get is a he said she said then you have to choose who to believe.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:58 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Why are your friends gossiping about your husband? Why are you telling him what they are telling you if it's not nice? This situation makes no sense.
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 9:27 AM on Mar. 16, 2009