What do you think is wrong?

I have had an irregular period since I was young but never missed more than 2 months. Now I havn't had a period for 4 months, and I keep taking preg. tests that say negative. Me and hubby have had unprotected sex, and I have felt nausea and boobs tender, but nothin other than that. Could you be pregnant and get a negative test every time? or am I just screwed up? My doctor says irregularity isn't always something bad, but that was like a yr ago and I think it's weird to be this abnormal

braydynnesmomma

Asked by braydynnesmomma at 3:57 AM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• well, why dont you go see an OB/GYN? its what most women who think that theyre pregnant do. I bet you could get an ultrasound and see if there might be a little one in there. GL!!
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 4:38 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• i hate when that happens.. i just posted about my frustrations with a pregnancy test. only difference is your missed period is more than mine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Maybe you have PCOS. It causes you to have irradicle periods like that and not ovulate. If you see an OBGYN they will do a sono on you to see if theres any cist around your overies. I never immagined that I had this but my periods are pretty much just like yours so
    i needed to see what was going on.However I got pregnant with our first son with no problem but now that were ttc baby #2 its a little harder.Sometimes I go three months wo getting AF and then all the sudden I will get them month to month. You really should see a doc though. gl!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• When I got Pregnant with my first son, all the preg. tests I took came up neg. I finally gave up and decided I would call the dr. on the third month I went back and got one of those High priced preg. test! It showed postive! But I was like you in the fact I did'nt have a clue what the hell was going on! Your best bet is just to call your, OBGYN, and tell them You think you are preg! They have the high powered test, and also blood test! My Dr. said sometimes the hormone that the test pick up to give post. are'nt that strong in the system, so the test does'nt pick it up untill later! Let me know what ya find out!!!
    Mica30

Answer by Mica30 at 9:33 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• You should make an appt with your doc for a blood test. It's the best way to find out if your pregnant or not.
    amanda090784

Answer by amanda090784 at 11:39 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Well, I called the doc today, and she says she'll do a blood test and if it's neg. I'll take some kinda meds to start my period again...I'd rather be preggo than just messed up, ya know?
    braydynnesmomma

Answer by braydynnesmomma at 5:47 PM on Mar. 16, 2009