• In the Spotlight:

car seat question

Did you know that 9 out of 10 carseats are installed incorrectly?

Do you always get your carseat installed by proffessionals? I believe all states offer a FREE program for parents to get their carseats proffessionally installed. I highly reccommend it! I thought I had installed ours correctly, and I was close, but when I went to have it checked, I learned I have several more safety options with DDs carseat. Not to mention I had it a *bit* too loose. I go every 6 months to have it checked.

epoh

Asked by epoh at 7:07 AM on Mar. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes I knew that. It's nice you are trying to pass that info on to others.

Here is a child safety seat inspection station locator web site.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/CPS/CPSFitting/index.cfm

Here is another site talking about car seats.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/875761/10_common_baby_car_seat_problems_that.html

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:33 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• From where did you obtain that information?

Citations please.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Thanks for the links Christine. Anon--if you would like my citations, send me your address. I will personally go and get you the flier that I was given, and mail it to you. I did not get this info online. I recieved it from the SAFE team.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:02 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Or, better yet, go get your carseat installed. I'm sure they'll give you the same info they gave me :~)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:07 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• This is the GREAT side of CM! My son is way past carseat age but my nephews do not install carseats properly and I am sure they are not the only ones who don't realize that a child is not safe if the carseat is not installed correctly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Mar. 16, 2009