when is it okay to start giving my baby milk? He just turned 1 2 weeks ago.

CKWatson

Asked by CKWatson at 8:36 AM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can start now. Just keep an eye out for an allergic reaction. Most peds tell you to wait until a year old.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 8:38 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• you can give him milk now
    whole milk in a sippy cup
    JOEYSMOMMIE819

Answer by JOEYSMOMMIE819 at 8:45 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• You can give milk once baby is 12 months old, your Ped will probably tell you at baby's 12 month check up.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:07 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• They say that you can start at 12 months, I would try to wean him onto it. Only give him milk in a sippy cup, it helps to get rid of the bottle as well.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 9:28 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I'm sure everyone is told something diff from their dr's, but this is what our WIC office told us to do..at 11 mths we started switching my daughter from formula to whole milk so that by the time she was 1 she would be completely on it. They said not to do it all at once..start them out slowly and it would be less likely that they would get sick from it. So for example..she was drinking an 8 oz bottle of formula..we would switch that to 7oz formula mixed with 1oz milk..do that for a few days then do 6oz formula and 2oz milk..again for a few days then do 5oz formula and 3oz milk..and so on..till it was totally milk. It worked out really good and she had no problems.
    madisonsmom7197

Answer by madisonsmom7197 at 10:42 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My doc told me 12 months! If I absolutely had to give it to him then no earlier than 11 months.
    amanda090784

Answer by amanda090784 at 11:22 AM on Mar. 16, 2009