AIG ships billions in bailout abroad // Insurer AIG to make $165 million in bonus payments

WTF is going on? WHY are they sending money over seas? WHY aren't they being punished for abusing us and our tax dollars?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20090316/pl_politico/20039

How can they pay out bonuses when they reported a damn loss? This really ticks me off.
I'm sorry but if they are asking for a damn bail out there should be NO bonuses! For that much too is fkn ridiculous!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090315/ap_on_bi_ge/aig_bonuses

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The bailouts have been a joke from the beginning and never should have happened. Now, the government, (the people) own 80% of AIG and my guess is that will be why they do not want it to fail. I did see where many of the Senators are furious over the bonuses they want to pay out. We should be able to stop them since we own more of the company then the actual company does. Barney Frank is another joke but at least he is not alone.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I'm not sure about all the details. But I have my 401k plan with AIG and my last statement reflected that I lost over half of what was in there 3 months ago! So yeah, I'm kinda annoyed with what I've heard so far this morning.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I'm sorry to hear that anon 947. Truly. It's a shame that our own leaders are allowing this to happen.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• The government can't stop them from giving that money out in bonuses. I hope the gov't learned their lesson this to stop giving away our kids' money.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:53 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Because the bill was written with very little oversight and regulation. It's a disaster but very difficult for the government to change now.
    Ghostfacebreeda

Answer by Ghostfacebreeda at 10:08 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• The administration (both of them) gave ZERO restrictions on the bail out money to these people. Basically let em do whatever they wanted SO by LAW the AIG president ( a new guy, not the one who ran the company into the ground) has to pay the bonuses or be sued. And Barney Franks stupid butt has the NERVE to get on TV and ask for THIS guys resignation!! That man has some gall. He gave the money with no restrictions in the FIRST place and now this mans hands are tied!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:09 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• That evil, horrible, Liberal, Democrat Barney Frank(among others) is trying to find out if there is a legal way to get the money back.

LINK (cause I can back my statements up)

Friday

Answer by Friday at 10:41 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• And Barney Franks stupid butt has the NERVE to get on TV and ask for THIS guys resignation!! That man has some gall. He gave the money with no restrictions in the FIRST place and now this mans hands are tied!

I know some people. How dare he realize he screwed up and try to fix it? What is this world coming to?

Friday

Answer by Friday at 10:42 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• LOL friday..He NEVER admits he did anything wrong! He is acting like he and they did everything right! And calling for the resignation of a man who didn't cause the problems is nuts. What is he supposed to do? The company will be sued if they don't honor the contracts now and be in a sh**ty situation all over again.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• It seems as if foreign countries who invested in American companies(who had their insurance through AIG) are starting to call in their "IOUs!" I think this is the beginning of a serious trend. In a way I don't blame the foreign investors...they should be trying to recover their money before the US dollar becomes as worthless as pesos!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Mar. 16, 2009