My toe, kind of a weird question.

All this past winter i've worn socks everyday, all day because it's freezing in our house. Well it's starting to get warm and i'm starting to wear sandals, I noticed the other day that one of my toenails has kind of a yellow tint to it while I was outside. I pulled down on my toe and it looked like infection started coming out where my cuticle would be. My cuticle isn't there anymore and all I have is a bunch of crusty infection and blood mix. I clean all the crust out of it everyday and squeeze around my toenail to get more of the infection out. When I was still wearing socks around the house my son would step on my toes every once in a while and it hurt like hell. If I even touched it, it would feel like it was broken which it isn't. Has anyone had this happen to them or know what it could be? It's pretty gross. My other toe was like this too but now it's fine.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Health

• I hope you get it cleared up soon. Yes you should see a doctor about this. Wash hands, and another suggestion is to mark your socks so that you don't spread the infection to the other foot by switching socks- I know it seems that the infection should be washed out in the laundry, but my aunt's foot doctor told her to do this.

Answer by Bmat at 11:41 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• It could possibly be a fungal infection. You really should go get if checked out. It sounds painful and gross.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:13 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• You need to see a Dr. The yellow nail sounds like it could be fungus. The other sounds like you may have a different kind of infection. Make sure you are washing your hands extrememly well in the meantime.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:50 AM on Mar. 16, 2009