Earings to an interview?

Ok, so i have a second interview at The Children's Place tomorrow. and i have 4 holes in each of my ears, and i wore earings in all the holes in the first interview. but my older sister seems to think i wont get the job if i wear all 4 in each ear.

So what do you think? would it be "unprofessional" or "inappropriate" to wear them?

Am17

Asked by Am17 at 10:28 AM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I think that it would be unprofessional to wear all four. I would wear 2 but not four. You really can't afford to not look professional in an economy like this. A job is a job right now and they are hard to come by. Good luck and I hope that you get it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:30 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Sense they have already seen you with all the earrings in.I say wear them..But you might want to bring up, that you do not plan to wear them all if you get the job. Or ask them what there rules are about it.

Answer by louise2 at 10:35 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I would wear one in each. Even one pair should be a small stud and very modest.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:35 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I think it would be unprofessional. Most jobs won't allow that kind of appearance in their retail stores so wearing them for an interview probably isn't a good idea either. I highly doubt they let you wear them on the job. Why take the chance? Keep them out.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:37 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• It's kinda like having a clutter of personal items on your desk. I think work attire should be neat, clean, and polished without any distractions.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:38 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Don't take the chance.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:43 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I am a former recruiter (I searched for candidates, interviewed and made job offers). Wear one conservative pair. DO NOT bring up the earrings in the interview. DO NOT say that you plan to wear only two or whatever. Trust me on this one. Good luck!! A second interview is a good sign.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I would just wear one pair of earrings. make sure they are conservative - no loops or really busy ones. Probably just studs/single stone would be good. I definately wouldn't mention it in the interview. They will go over all the regulations for dress code once you are hired.

Also, generally you should dress in your interview as you would for the job. That is just what I have always heard.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:49 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I had something like this happen to me. I interviewed for a position just after getting my lip pierced, came back for a second interview and got hired. I couldn't even take it out yet if I wanted to but I got hired (even though I looked like a pirate).

2 weeks in to the job they told me I had to remove it or lose my job. They never mentioned it at the interviews and I worked there 2 weeks without them mentioning it.

I had every intention of removing it when it healed (boy did I look dumb with a lip ring), but I couldn't because it wasn't healed properly yet and I didn't want to risk infection.

I know it's not really the same thing but to put it another way, when I moved back to the states a few years ago, I had to take out ALL of my piercings, even more than the basic ears to even get looked at for a grocery store position.

If I were you I would take them out and ask about dress code later. Good luck to you!!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 10:51 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• That's why it's stupid to even get anyplace on your face pierced aside from your lobes...Duh! No place that has a professional look wants to hire someone like that! It may look cool when your partying, but it isn't cool when the money doesn't roll in!
    tikigoddess

Answer by tikigoddess at 1:12 PM on Mar. 16, 2009