Husbands sister?

Me and my dh were recently married. To make a long story short we have always had a problem with his younger sister (pretty much everybody does) and she was not welcome at our wedding. Now she is getting married-it feels awkward that we would go but I know that we are invited. Should we just go to not start anymore problems than we already have or just avoid an awkward situation?

brookelynn2609

Asked by brookelynn2609 at 11:02 AM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• If she invited you and you want to go, then go. Just because you didn't invite her doesn't mean anything. It really just depends on what you want to do. Go if you want, don't go if you don't want to.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 11:04 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I would go. She is being the bigger person by putting issues aside and inviting you to her wedding. But with that said, if you are going to go and not be pleasant, then stay home. But her inviting shows that she wants you there.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 11:07 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Actually she is just inviting us to try and prove a point that she was not invited to our wedding-she is definatly not the bigger person.
    brookelynn2609

Answer by brookelynn2609 at 11:13 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I think I would send a gift...but not attend. That way you have acknowledged the wedding..without the drama
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:19 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Killer her with kindness....go if you can stay in the shadows and let her have her day and no matter what don't cause a scene. Get her a gift and be kind and go if you want. If the situation makes it impossible to do this then it is best you stay home. No matter which you do she will probably complain (if she is how you say she is) so do whichever would make you feel like you were as kind as possible os you will have no regrets about your behavior in the future.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Life is short, everyone has issues, I would go, be forgiving.
    Anonymous

• If she sent an invitation then I'd honor it. ( just give her a crappy gift! lol Ok that was a joke)

Answer by admckenzie at 10:00 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• It's your DH's sister..He should be the one to decide if you are going to her wedding or not. To one up her, apologise to her about not inviting her to your wedding.

Answer by louise2 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My husband's sister is also a "pill". She can make everyone around her ready to scream with almost no effort. We always go to everything because it becomes a point of making his parents feel that all is well. We can endure her for a couple of hours for that. His parents know she is not "warm and fuzzy" but they seem relieved when we all play nicely together.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:15 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I WOULD GO TOO! YOU NEED TO MAKE AMENDS AND GET ALONG WITH HUBBY'S FAMILY , THEY ARE OR SHOULD BE PART OF YOUR OWN FAMILY.

Answer by older at 1:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2009