• In the Spotlight:

Short Hair Versus Long Hair

Does having short hair make a woman less sexy/feminine? I used to have a Rihanna type hair cut when I met my Fiancee and he liked it but now that it is growing long he likes it too. He says he doesn't care but I wonder what other women think? Does long hair mean sexy?

Sunshine4u300

Asked by Sunshine4u300 at 11:08 AM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Personally, I like my hair right around my shoulders. Any shorter and I feel like a man. Any longer and it's hard to really maintain and make it look nice. The better my hair looks, the more feminine I feel. My husband and I have talked about it and he says he doesn't care what it looks like as long as I am happy with it. He has said that he thinks women with very short hair look like men though. I agree. I do not like it when women cut their hair super short. It looks masculine to me no matter what the style is.

DDry

Answer by DDry at 11:10 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I agree, I refuse to have short hair, and Hubby loves my hair long, its about the middle of my back... It can be a little hard to deal with but then I just throw it up in a clip. I always make sure it's down when he's home...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 11:14 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I don't think it matters,some women look better with long,and some look better with short,As for me,I try to keep it where I can pull it up,because I have to be ready to go at any given moment,(lot of family demands).ith short hair,everybody says Oh,you look just like your brother .lol
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• well i had long hair and cut it off the (pixie cut), it looked good and made me look my age but i liked my hair long not being able to pull it back has killed me. its been almost a year and i can almost put it up but it looks wierd
    SarahRandall

Answer by SarahRandall at 11:16 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I think a lot of woman look great with short hair, but are not willing to do it. I think some woman identify long hair with being femine. I do think a lot of men prefer long hair, but you have to do what you like and looks best on you. My husband wasn't thrilled when I first cut my hair short, but now agrees that it looks better and is much easier for me.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I've had long hair and I've had short hair. Now I've got really short hair and I've never had so many compliments on it.

If you have long hair and pull it up all the time, logicially you like your hair short!

You've got to have enough confidence to feel sexy with short hair. It's easy to hide behind long hair and look like you're 15 your whole life.
    tikigoddess

Answer by tikigoddess at 1:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• No i feel sexiest when my hair is shorter in a bob or something
    I have med length hair right now growing it out for locks of love
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 3:37 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• i have had both.. its how you rep yourself... How you see your self.. I have that hair cut and i love it.. it makes me look skinny and younger... I had hair down to my shoulder blades before going to super short.. Its all in how you feel girl..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:08 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• What matters is what you like. I have short hair, it's wavy and suits me. Sexy comes from having confidence in how you look.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• it depends on how you feel and how your SO feels.. some guys like it long some short...
    my SO likes my short.. however in the summer I tend to grow it out, because I have naturally curly hair and it frizzes like crazy in the summer because of the humidity if it's too short.

You can try going to
    http://www.mylifetime.com/lifestyle/beauty-style/total-beauty-makeover

and seeing what you look like with different hairstyles/colors.. however inorder to load your own picture you have to sign up (it is free). I had a lot of fun with it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:16 AM on Mar. 17, 2009