IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK BREAST FEEDING MOMS TO COVER UP WHENEVER NURSING IN PUBLIC??

I AM SO SICK OF THIS YA'LL!! LET ME START OUT BY SAYING THAT I

BELIEVE BREAST-FEEDING IS ONE OF THE MOST NATURAL, BEAUTIFUL , BONDING EXPRESSIONS OF MOTHERHOOD. I, MYSELF, CAN NOT WAIT TO HAVE MY OWN CHILDREN AND PUMP-UP THEIR IMMUNE SYSTEM WITH MY GOD-GIVEN HEALING LIFE FLUIDZ ;-) LOL! BUT ANYWAYS, I JUST WANT TO KNOW, IS IT NECESSARY TO BREAST FEED YOUR CHILD WITH YOUR TITS HANGING ALL OUT IN THE OPEN SO THAT EVERYBODY ON THE PLANE CAN SEE IT? IT SEEMS LIKE THE WOMEN THESE DAYS HAVE NO RESPECT OR HONOR ANYMORE AND ARE INTENTIONALLY LEAVING THEIR BREAST UNCOVERED . I PERSONALLY AGREE THAT A WOMAN HAS THE RIGHT TO BREAST FEED IN PUBLIC. JUST NOT COMMANDO.

LUVBUG320

Asked by LUVBUG320 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• haha! I agree, I think its fine to breastfeed in public, but is it really neccesary to show your tits while you do it.... be personally am to embarrased to breastfeed in public at all. I will find a bathroom to do that in, but for those who show of boobies while breastfeedind is ridiculus.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:24 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• It is just a breast, we all have them. If the woman is comfortable then why should we care. I don't have any issue with it.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 11:24 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• You are going to get blasted. I however, agree with you. I think it is wonderful, one of the best gifts you can give your child, to breastfeed. However, some BF'ing moms almost seem to want to defy those who disapprove by showing as much as they can get away with (not all, but SOME). My SIL used to pull her boob out right in front of my teenage nephews and not make any attempt to cover up. I know I could see everything she had, and I know they could. I feel that is just disrespectful.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:26 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• OH PLEEEEZ! No one ever gripes about all the crap they see on TV, or in movies. What about all the half naked women in magazines!!! And yet magazines sell like crazy!! How may magazine editors have you written to lately to complain about all the crap they put in them?... That's what I thought! Seeing a bit of a nursing mother's boob isn't a big deal. Get over it already!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• They're boobs, and if you're a chick you have 'em, you've seen 'em, get over it. In almost any other culture, Western, Eastern, traditional or industrialized, whatever, a woman breastfeeding in public and not covering up isn't a big deal. And I really doubt that these moms are trying to flash you, but are just involved in nursing their child. If it bothers you that much, don't look.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• well i would have to say no its not i have asked my sister in law to cover up many times. im preggo now and i well go to a differant room if i can to do it. other wise im pumping and in public he can have a bottle and i agree women out there have lost all self respect they wanna argu about being able to do it in the work place well thats why.they refuse to do it under cover yes they should be allowed to but by all means cover up no one in the work place wants to see your tits they are not there to see girls gone wild breat feeding edtoin.
    SarahRandall

Answer by SarahRandall at 11:29 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• THE PROBLEM IS.....I NOTICED THAT PEOPLE ONLY CONSIDER THEMSELVES WHEN DOING THIS. IF YOU ARE A BREASTFEEDING MOM, UNDERSTAND THAT THE WORLD RESPECTS THE FACT THAT YOUR BABY IS HUNGRY AND IT IS ONLY NATURAL TO BREAST FEED. IT IS THE BEST WAY TO NURISH YOU BABY, BUT WHEN ONLY CONSIDER YOURSELFT IN THE EQUATION AND NOT THE YOUNG MAN OR WOMAN SITTING NEXT TO YOU AND HOW UNCOMFORTABLE THEY FEEL NEXT TO YOU WITH UR TITS HANGING OUT IN THEIR FACE, IT'S VERY SELFISH. I AM A FLIGHT ATTENDANT AND AM SICK AND TIRED OF SEEING THIS SCENARIO ON THE PLANE. YES, WE ALL KNOW WHAT TITS LOOK LIKE, BUT WE DON'T WANT TO SEE YOURS!! IF I WANTED TO SEE THAT WHEN I WENT TO WORK, I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A JOB AT A STRIP JOINT AND GOTTEN PAID TO SEE THEM INSTEAD!! IT'S SIMPLE CONSIDERATION THAT WE TEACH OUR CHILDREN, OR SHOULD BE TEACHING THEM. RESPECT OTHERS FEELINGS AND POSITIONS U MAY BE PLACING THEM IN. THANKS!
    LUVBUG320

Answer by LUVBUG320 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I think you should use a blanket and respect other people.

Just cause you want to walk around naked all day doesn't mean that you should and you can't do it, it's illegal!

The same should apply to breastfeeding. Just cover up. Use a blanket. That's all.

I breast fed on a plane before, and my husband would sit out the outside and I sat against the window all covered up. No one was the wiser and I wasn't exposing my self to the world. It's easy people.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 11:51 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Yes. I never breast fed in public cause I am too clumsy to keep covered, LOL. For those who let it all hang out so to speak I do not care. I never could cause I am too self conscious. They are feeding a baby not making porn in public so give them a break.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:52 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• IMAGINE THIS.... YOU ARE SITTING ON A PLANE, THE FLIGHT IS FULL SO U HAVE NOWHERE ELSE TO GO, AND THE PERSON NEXT TO U KEEPS PASSING GAS BUT THEY NEVER GO TO THE BATHROOM TO DO IT.DOES THAT BOTHER U? OR INSTEAD A MAN SITN NEXT 2 U EXPOSES HIMSELF TO GO IN A BOTTLE? U WOULD BE UNCOMFORTABLE AND UPSET. THAT'S ALL NATURAL!! WE ALL DO IT OR NO WHAT "ONE LOOKS LIKE" BUT WE DON'T NEED TO EXPERIENCE THAT DO WE???? THESE THINGS HAPPEN & PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING& PUBLIC EXPOSURE IS ONLY LEGAL ON NUDE BEACHES! I LOOK FWD 2 BREASTFEEDN, LET'S NOT GET 2 THE POINT THAT IT BECOMES ILLEGAL PEOPLE!! I CAN NAME A FEW OTHER NATURAL THINGS WE DO, BUT NO ONE NEEDS TO SEE US DO THEM IN PUBLIC. DON'T LET UR JUDGEMENT BE CLOUDED BY THE FACT THAT UR FEEDING A BABY. FEED THE BABINO IN PUBLIC, IT'S A BEAUTIFUL EXPERIENCE, JUST ADD A BLANKET.
    LUVBUG320

Answer by LUVBUG320 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 16, 2009