Throbbing Headache that causes nausea?!

Hi Ladies,
For the past few weeks now i have been steadily getting very bad headaches to the point where I am nauseous, weak and sensitive to both light and sound. I know this sounds exactly like a migraine and I have no doubt that it is. But, I find it stange that it tends to occur (without fail) every saturday, not monday, not tuesday, not sunday, but saturday. I must add that the weather here is very hot but it has always been and I have never suffered with these kinds of headaches before now. Why now?? Is it somethin'g i'm doing? Eating? Thanks for reading.

Mariel83

Asked by Mariel83 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Health

• Is there something going on on Friday or Saturday, every week, that is causing this? Think hard, it might be something you aren't even aware that is stressful. I am bringing this up because every time we got together with my mother-in-law I would have the same symptoms and feel so ill, and I didn't even associate the two for years, then it dawned on me that every time we got together I would get the migraine. It could be something as simple as you know you have to clean the house on Saturday, or you get your paycheck on Friday, or something like this. I got a biteguard from my dentist to help with the teeth clenching, which helped with all of the symptoms, including the nausea. Besides these thoughts, I am also thinking that since this is fairly new for you that you should get it checked out to confirm what it is, then you can go from there to work on a fix. Good luck! Would you please let us know?

Answer by Bmat at 11:37 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Maybe it's a sinus headache? I get these and feel nauseous when i do, because they hurt so bad. Try a nasal spray.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:21 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• They say that migraines come on on the downside of stress...so, if you have a stressful week, yes, it is possible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• you can get headaches from dehydration... make sure you drink lots of water and eat lots of fruits/ veggies! also, are you doing something diff on the wknd than you are through the week? for instance, grabbing a cup of coffee on the way to work, and then sat when you are home, not drinking any? or maybe drinking more caffeine on the wknd. too much caffeine, or if you normally drink it and then skip a day can cause TERRIBLE headaches. that's why tylenol etc is effective, if you read the ingredients list, caffeine is on there. people don't realize how incredibly addictive caffeine is, and its effects on your body if you don't get your normal "dose." This may not be your problem at all, but it sounds like it could be to me... just a suggestion.
    tzola55

Answer by tzola55 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• i had this going on for a few weeks and it turned out i was just really dehydrated. but i don't think migraines are something to mess around with, because they can signal a bunch of serious things, so i'd go to a doctor to check it out.
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 11:28 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Oh thank you so much for your prompt and helpful answers ladies. One thing i can rule out is dehydration because not too long ago, after the birth of my second child, I had a terrible kidney stone epidode. I passed the stone, thankfully. But, I now have a new found love and RESPECT for water. Something I had never really taken into consideration a couple years back. I drink atleast 8 glasses daily now as opposed to just a few in the past. And you know, I DO drink atleast one cup of coffee during the week and on the weekends I don't, interestingly. With regards to stress, i can say that i have been feeling a little bit boggled and drained with a few things in my life and that includes work and situations at home (kids and keeping the house in order). It could be a concoction of everything I suppose. But thanks so much for your help girls. I deeply appreciate it.

P.S.- I couldn't find another way to post my reply :S
    Mariel83

Answer by Mariel83 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 16, 2009