Me and my baby's father are not together and he dropped us off at my parents house and now he wants to start seeing his kid again what should I do?

after he dropped us off he started to cheat on me should i give him another chance?

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• I don't think seeing his kid and seeing you romantically should be synonymous.   He should be able to see his child.  I don't really understand the situation how you stated it, but I think you should be able to arrange visitation.

Answer by supershlea at 6:59 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• please in that case,give him a second chance,he might change & become a loving husband to you & your kids.

Answer by Anonymous at 7:00 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• if you still love him dearly,give a second and peace will reign in your family for

Answer by sylvia5 at 7:18 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I'd let him come to birthday parties, and holidays, and visit on a set sate (maybe every Saturday afternoon he can come by) when your parents are home, so no fights break out in front of the kids. Let him take the kids into the backyard and blow bubbles or something.

It would make your kids feel SO good to have their daddy come around so you have GOT to get past the cheating. No, don't think you have to date him or anything, but you DO need to get along like mature adults.

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:06 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I agree with supershlea, those things are seperate. The parent relationship and the romantic relationship should be kept seperate for the sake of your child, and since you've had problems before, make sure he understands that, so he doesn't walk out in the baby.

Answer by Ifiwereabook at 9:54 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My ex and I separated about 3 months ago and we have a 19 month old son. He moved in with another girl 3 days after we split (long story, he didn't have anywhere to live). He tries to see him at least one day a weekend and I think it's a great.

You should definitely let him see his child. It will be good for the child to know both parents. You don't have to be together to raise a child together. Just try setting some ground rules, like what days he can see him. Tell him that you will need help with diapers and food and stuff too. There really are guys out there who are willing to take care of their children.

Answer by abesa17 at 10:58 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• NO,he was just getting u outta the way for own pleasures,it was premeditated that he was going2 take action should the situation present itself, dont keep him out kids life w/o hazard reason,but dont let you look like u want him back or give any kind of sign that ur desperate 4 him back, if he really wants another chance make him work 4 it through time n effort, dont give in at all, if u need2 cry do it b4 or after he leaves, dont let him think he has any kinda power over u, i know its hard but u r very capable, if he persists through 5mos of staying involved with the kids & trying2 win u back without you giving in to any of his sweet talk or pity crys then forgive him considering he doesnt cheat...we are all looking4 the easy way back in when we've screwed up with our girl. If he stops coming around as often after seeing u wont give in easily he isnt willing to work 4u.
    -male influence on cafemom

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Nov. 15, 2008