How do yall feel about getting your mans/kids names tatooed?

My man wants me to get his name tatooed but ii alwas said that was just plain stupid you dont know what will happen in 5 years! He said he wants my name even if we split cause he wants me to know he will always belong to me..aww how cute right?! ok kinda creepy but cute... I said I get my kids name tatted when i figure out the desighn. I told him I would get his name... But what he fails to realize is his son is named after him...LOL! I got lucky on that one. Lets hear your thoughts

Mamma_bearof2

Asked by Mamma_bearof2 at 11:27 AM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i have my husbands name and I have tattoos that represent each of my kids
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 11:29 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I have my daughter and my husbands name in my anklet chain. i did it so only me and who i showed would see it so that it was tasteful. ; ]
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 11:32 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• It's not for me, but I don't judge those who do do it. Although I do think it's strange for one person to ASK another person to tattoo their name on them. I think that kind of defeats the purpose... Shouldn't it be a gesture from yourself.... not one requested of you? It's like asking someone to say "I love you"
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:35 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I have my husbands name tatooed on my ankle and he has mine, awwww... We got them in Maui on our honeymoon. That's the only tat I have.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 11:36 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I would NEVER get a SO or DH's name tattooed on me. Only my kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I think people that are afraid to get their so's name, know that something isn't right in the marriage. To think that things might not work out is odd to me. My dh and I are committed and I would defintely get his name done. JMO.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I have seen some that are trashy and then I have seen some that are gorgeous. I wouldn't get it if I didn't want it though. Maybe you can find a symbol instead that means something to you and your DH/SO. I am thinking about getting a Celtic heart on my back to represent my love for my husband and my son.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:37 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• No on hubby, yes on kids LOL.

DH and I already chatted about this one day a while ago and decided it wasnt something we wanted to do. We figured maybe something that symbolized each other but would also represent other things to us. But honestly, even that wont happen LOL.

I have my oldest sons initials tattooed on my leg and I plan on getting the other two done as well when money is available.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 11:39 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I don't know if I was clear about my answer. I meant that tattoos in general are not my thing. Not that my hubby's name would bother me any more than any other tattoo.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:42 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I think it's a terrible idea to get a DH or SO's name printed on you, but thats just my opinion.

I think children's names are fine, though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Mar. 16, 2009