How often do you buy bras?

The last time I bought 3 bras and they lasted me about 2 years. I don't spend a lot of money on bras so I have no problem buying them at Target. I just can't see myself paying $45 or $50 for one bra when I may need 2 or 3! My friend, who works for high end stores, thinks I'm crazy. My Target bras may not be the highest quality but I have definitely gotten my money's worth and more out of them. Also she said no bra should last you more than 1 year.

So this got me curious as to what the rest of the world of women do and think!
How often do you buy bras?
Do you pay big bucks for them?
How long do they typically last you?

marsha78

Asked by marsha78 at 11:35 AM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• God, I've had the same bras for like five years!

I can never find any that fit the right way and when I do, I buy one in each color and wear them until they get so stretched and worn out that I'm forced to buy some more. I never try to spend more than 15 dollars on a bra and sometimes I can find them for $10.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:37 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Not often enough.

I bought some about 2 yrs ago(a couple months before my last pregnancy) and now only 2 fit decently LOL.

Time for new ones. Mine never last long because I only buy one or two so that wears them out quicker. I try to be budget-friendly when buying them but Im bigger so I usually go to Lane Bryant or the like for them.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 11:42 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I only buy bras at clearance prices espescially from high end stores such as Victorias. If I have about 4-5 decent bras they will last me years. Check out the clearance rack TJMaxx or Marshalls, I found some the other day fo $4 each, I bought 3 and they are name brand!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:43 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Never! I hate bras and rarely wear them.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 11:45 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• See I knew there were more ladies like me!! :) I pay no more than $11 for a bra. I went to Ross last week and saw some for $3 and $4...right up my alley. I went to Target and bought 3 bras and costed me $21...less than I thought b/c I didn't know they were on sale.
    I do the same, wear it til it get's too stretched out or the wire comes out or it just doesn't fit right anymore.
    marsha78

Answer by marsha78 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Mamaada: I can never find my size at VS on sale...I think I catch the sale too late. My friends used to work at VS and now that they work at high end stores (like Saks and Neiman Marcus, etc.) they say VS stuff is trash! IMO they have been so brainwashed! LOL
    marsha78

Answer by marsha78 at 12:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• How often do you buy bras: About 1 once every 4 months.
    Do you pay big bucks for them: Yes. between £25-60 pounds
    How long do they typically last you: About 5 months.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 2:17 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• usually i buy two bras every 6-8 months.
    i dont pay much for them.. i get them at an outlet store so its like $14 a bra.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 2:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I need new ones now! I have one bra that was my moms for 2 years then she gave to me at 15! I'm now 21! I know disgusting! I have one other bra that I bought the month i moved out at 18! I payed i think $18-$20 for it. Just so you all know I now only use my moms if the other is washing. Yes I'm going to buy some once we move and yes I will be getting good ones(Victoria Secret!).
    erei28

Answer by erei28 at 2:36 AM on Mar. 17, 2009