Anyone else besides me HATE Twilight?

I thought the books were poorly written and the movie was even worse. I don't see what all the hype is.

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 11:54 AM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I hate it too! The books weren't worth the paper they were printed on (glad I didn't buy it, just borrowed it) and as for the movie the only reason I went to see it (on baby day) is so I could trick my kids into taking a nap so I could nap too! Yes I paid to take a nap! Lol
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 12:07 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Really? I have heard sooo many good things about these books! I want to read them:)

I did see the movie, though and I thought it was disappointing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I have no desire to read the books or see the movie. Maybe I'm missing out but I think I'll be OK.=)
    lalli_lalli

Answer by lalli_lalli at 11:58 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Well, I think the books are great and well written, I guess you have to be able to understand it better to see that.... um the moive didnt do the first book justice, but I still like it.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I've never read any of 'em & have no desire too. I"m pretty anti popular stuff though lol. things that i think go way overboard.. .like when Lord of the Rings came out. I refused to watch it lol. People went beserk over it & I go against it hehe
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 12:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I didn't like the movie. But the books I loved, more the later ones than the first 2 though. But i am the corny one that got into the Harry Potter hype to, and after that was over I was kinda looking for somehting else to get into.....to each his own I guess.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I thought her writing was reminicent of a third grader to tell you the truth. The plot was just okay, but it took all of my will power to finish the series.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• AK, Stephanie Myers does not even compare to JK Rowling! I totally understand the Harry Potter hype because they were well written; the plot was not only mature, but it taught something as well. They characters were REAL to us and that shows JK's skill.

The Twilight series is a mess of poor writing skills, cliche characters and over-done plots. I know it has a huge following, but I guess I just don't get it and never will.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Loved the books!..not a great movie though.
    shawndrea

Answer by shawndrea at 12:10 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I hate it only because I have two teen girls who are obseeeeesed with the books and the movie. I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick of hearing about Edward I could barf!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2009