What do you think?

My husband was home from Feb 7th through Feb 23. Which means I haven't had sex for three weeks. If I was pregnant, do you think it would have shown up on a pregnancy test by now?

Pinkie_momof3

Asked by Pinkie_momof3 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• probably
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Have you had a period since the last time you had sex? If so, then not preggo. If not, then you could possibly be.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 12:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• i haven't resumed my period since I had my baby. I'm aware that having my period would tell me that I'm not pregnant, but my question is, wouldn't a negative result three to five weeks after my possible time of conception mean that I am not pregnant.
    Pinkie_momof3

Answer by Pinkie_momof3 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Possibly but you have to remember that it takes up to 10 days for the egg to implant and then usually 2-7 days for it to come up positive on a pregnancy test. Plus it depends on when you ovulated. If you ovulated a few days after he left his spem could have still been inside and able to fertilize an egg when it was released. So when you add all that up you would at most be like 4 weeks pregnant and for some women that's to early to get a BFP on an HPT. I would wait a week or so and take another. If AF is still a no show go to the doctor, a local lab that preforms quantitive HCGs or a free clinic for a blood HCG.

GOOD LUCK!!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• SInce your not having AF I would still wait 1-2 weeks and then take another HPT. If they're negetive I wouldn't worry unless you start having pregnancy symtoms. If you do take another HPT.

I was always nervous when I was breastfeeding because my cycle didn't return until 14 month post partum. I never got pregnant during that time but did get pregnant after only having 4 cycles once they returned.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• yeah, negative could show til 4 weeks
    mommy1208

Answer by mommy1208 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 17, 2009