I am on a diet and have lost 24 pounds well i cheated last night and at 3 slices of pizza and 2 bread sticks now it says i have gained 2 pounds could that be true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• It's salt hon.....happens to me all the time. You should see what chinese food does to ya! Yikes! Just drink a bunch of water and wait a few days. Weigh again. 3 pieces of pizza and some breadsticks does not a diet undo! The poster a couple above me was right about how many calories = a pound. There were not that many calories in your pizza, plus you burned calores just being awake and moving throughout the day.

I Like to live by a little saying "NO GUILT AND MOVE ON". We're all gonna cheat here and there, I think it keeps us sane and keeps us from really going crazy and actually eating enough to gain a couple lbs. Just eat right the next few days, drink that water and you'll be right on track!

When you know you're gonna cheat, just remember to increase your fluids that day so the salt gets flushed out ASAP!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• No, wait until you have a BM and then try it again. It's just water weight.
    Anonymous

• that i dont know but what kind of diet are you on and how long did it take you to lose the twenty four
    Anonymous

• No, the salt has caused water weight gain. Drink ample water to clear the salt out of your body, and that should help.

Answer by Bmat at 12:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• slim fast det and it took me 3months
    Anonymous

• Water weight.
    Anonymous

• I have had that happen to me. Stick to your healthy dietary changes since that is what has helped you lose the weight. Those two pounds should come off in no time.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 12:07 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• thank you guys alot God bless you
    Anonymous

• It's just water weight. It takes about 3,500 calories to gain 1 pound. Even if you ate that many calories, you'd still burn off some of it just by existing. It's the salt in pizza and breadsticks that makes you retain water. Oddly enough, what will help is drinking more water. It will flush the sodium out of your system. Then dust yourself off and try again. Sounds like you're doing great and this is a really minor setback. Good luck!
    MereDeLila

Answer by MereDeLila at 3:29 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My dh tends to have that happen to him all the time. If he eats ONE thing 'wrong', he 'gains' weight.
    missamerica1

Answer by missamerica1 at 5:17 PM on Mar. 16, 2009