What age can a baby wear sunblock?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Right when they are born. Stores carry sunblock for babies. I have put regular sunblock on my children.
    Anonymous

• The baby sunblocks I've seen say 6 months or older. I've never seen one for younger than that. Before 6 months, babies should be kept covered up, in the shade.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• We used sunblock on my son at 4 months.... but not often. We tried to keep him out of the sun as much as possible.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Ive looked at every sunblock ever Adult kids baby and all of them say no younger then 6months.
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 1:40 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Our Ped stressed very strongly not to put on our sun until he was 6 months. The main reason is that it can impair the babies ability to regulate heat, which their bodies are not yet able to do efficiently. Keeping them out of the sun or their bodies covered is best
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 16, 2009