what age have you/would you take a baby to a community pool?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I took my daughter when she was 4 months old. She went to the lake at that time too. HOWEVER, check first, because a lot of public pools don't allow little baby floats because they are not coast guard approved and you will have to hold baby the whole time.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 12:24 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I think it would depend on the pool. I took my son at 6 weeks to our outdoor pool. We go there a lot and I know they enforce the rules pretty well. They keep to very clean and if they see anyone with bandages, sores, etc... they will not let them in. Our's doesn't allow any type of floaties, but do have free lifejackets. I didn't use one for my son because I held him the whole time. I had him wearing a reusable swimdiaper (shorts w/leakproof liner), a longsleeve onsie and a hat. Just remember it is NOT recommended that you put sunscreen on children younger than 6 months and the sun's rays can penetrate the water down to three feet.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 2:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2009