Does anyone know anything about concerta?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Are you talking about the medical testing place? I've gone there to do a drug test before starting a job.
    Anonymous

• Yes, my son took it when he was in school. It is a time released form of Ritin. It keeps the "roller coaster ride" from happening. You give it in the morning and it last all day. He didn't have any side effects like sleep or appitite. I have since had the script changed to Focalin. It is in the same family without the inert ingredients. It really is suppose to not have the side effects of the other 2.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My daughter is on it. She takes 27 mg first thing in the morning. She has trouble falling asleep, and has lost her appetite and lost 5 pounds in the 7 months she's been on it.
    She has been doing much better focusing, though. I hate to have her on this, but I know it's needed so she is. If you want more info try googling concerta.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I don't know about concerta, but we had to take our son off straterra because of the side effects. I like him better off it anyway.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 8:12 PM on Mar. 18, 2009